Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Chimp Haven! Chimp Haven is currently looking for volunteer support in the following areas:
- Special Events (Chimpanzee Discovery Days): Chimp Haven is open to the public four times each year, and relies on volunteers to make these events special. Volunteers may lead educational activities and booths, greet visitors, and assist Chimp Haven staff. View Chimpanzee Discovery Day schedule.
- Chimp & Sanctuary Care: Tasks may include prepping diets and enrichment for the chimps, assisting with gardening and sanctuary maintenance, cleaning, laundry, and other tasks and special projects. Available Monday – Friday only.
Due to the required specialized training required to work with our chimpanzees, volunteers will not work directly with chimpanzees or in indoor areas where chimpanzees are housed.
Chimp Haven does not currently offer resident volunteer opportunities.
Chimp Haven volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- 17 years of age or older
- For Chimp & Sanctuary Care opportunities:
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to commit to 20 volunteer hours over the course of three months
- Proof of MMR vaccine and current TB test prior to volunteering
- Completion of volunteer orientation
- You’ll play an important role in caring for our growing chimpanzee family!
- Beautiful volunteer environment on our 200-acre forested sanctuary
- Private tour and orientation (for Chimp & Sanctuary Care opportunities)
- Complimentary Chimpanzee Discovery Day tickets
- Valuable volunteer experience working with passionate animal care staff
Ready to volunteer? Submit your application today!
We’ll be in touch after we receive your application!