What is husbandry?
- Husbandry is the care of animals.
- At Chimp Haven, husbandry describes animal care for chimpanzees.
- Chimpanzees that live in sanctuaries need people to help take care of them.
- The Chimp Haven husbandry team is made up of animal “caregivers” or “care staff.”
- Care staff tend to the chimpanzees’ basic needs, like water, food, and shelter. The teams also takes care of the chimpanzees’ social needs and environment.
- Chimpanzees are very smart animals, which makes husbandry an exciting challenging field!