What is veterinary medicine?
- Veterinary medicine is a type of science that deals with the health of animals.
- Just like humans, animals sometimes need doctors to help them stay healthy, or to heal from an illness or wound.
- Veterinarians are doctors who take care of animals.
- Veterinarians go to school for eight years to earn their degrees in veterinary medicine. They learn to prevent, treat, and diagnose animals and their medical conditions.
- Veterinarians can choose to focus on different areas of study. While some choose to take care of pets, like cats and dogs, others may focus on livestock, zoo animals, or wildlife, just to name a few!
- Veterinary Technicians are trained to help veterinarians care for animals by doing things like performing tests or giving medications.