Chimpanzee Discovery Days give you the opportunity to observe our chimpanzee retirees in their forested habitats, learn more about their personalities and behaviors from knowledgeable and friendly Chimp Haven caregivers, and discover the wonders of caring for more than 250 chimpanzees.
Events begin at 9 a.m. on the following dates:
- Saturday, November 17
- Saturday, March 16
- Saturday, April 13
- Saturday, October 19
- Saturday, November 16
Admission is $10 for visitors age 13 and older; $5 for kids ages 6 to 12; and free for kids younger than five! No reservations are required, just load up the family and head to Chimp Haven for a day you won’t forget!
Additional, behind-the-scenes tours may be purchased separately at admission. Behind-the-scenes tour tickets are $10 for visitors age 13 and older; $5 for kids ages 4-12; and free for kids younger than four. These tours take place at 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
Things to know before you visit the sanctuary:
- The best time to see chimpanzees is 9 – 10 a.m. Habitat releases occur at 9:15, 9:30, and 9:45 a.m.
- Event is all outdoors with limited covered areas
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Free parking available, but may require a short walk to the entrance, dependent on attendance
- Chimp Haven merch is available at admissions and proceeds support chimps care
- Most events occur rain or shine, but in case of inclement weather, cancellations will be posted on our website and Facebook page
- Refreshments are available for purchase
- Porta potties and handwashing stations are available