Looking for a one-of-a-kind look at the Chimp Life? Chimp Haven offers exclusive opportunities for private tours on a limited basis throughout the year. Learn more about Sanctuary Tours below, and submit your tour request today.
Private tours are generally available Monday – Friday during normal business hours. Tours start at a minimum donation of $500 for up to six guests and all participants must be over the age of seven. If you would like to inquire about special accommodations for your group, including larger groups or specific scheduling needs, please submit the Sanctuary Tour Request Form and we will contact you to discuss your visit. Please allow at least two weeks for scheduling. Private sanctuary tours are not currently available for school groups or field trips.
What to Expect
Sanctuary tours offer guests a special, behind-the-scenes look at life at Chimp Haven. While every tour is a little different, each tour may include the following:
- View the chimpanzees in their forested habitats
- Chat one-on-one with Chimp Haven staff about all things chimp-related
- Tour the full Chimp Haven sanctuary, including areas not open to the public
- See examples of how Chimp Haven’s Animal Care team cares for more than 300 chimpanzees
- Get a behind-the-scenes look at Chimp Haven’s newly expanded sanctuary, including new chimp habitats
- Private access to the Chimp Haven merch store
Tours typically last two hours, and the duration of the tour is held outdoors. We recommend comfortable clothes and shoes year-round, and breathable clothing during hot summer months. Sunscreen and water is also recommended.
If someone in your party has limited mobility, please note this on your Sanctuary Tour Request form so we can discuss and plan suitable accommodations.
While tours typically occur rain or shine, if inclement weather causes your tour to be cancelled, we will work with you to reschedule.
Submit your Request Form to schedule your visit to Chimp Haven today!